Virginity is considered sacred in many parts of the world for multiple reasons. For those who need to prove their virginity, hymenoplasty surgery is a blessing in disguise.
In this article, we will delve into the details of hymenoplasty surgery, exploring its purpose, potential benefits, hymenoplasty surgery cost, and associated risks.
1 What is Hymenoplasty?
Hymenoplasty surgery is done to reconstruct or repair the hymen, a thin membrane that sits at the opening of the vagina.
When the hymen is broken, surgery is used to repair it. The two free ends of the broken hymen are often stitched together using dissolvable threads to form a joint. Additionally, it is possible to cover the torn hymen by removing a thin layer of tissue from the vaginal wall and putting it there.
Gynaecologists and Cosmetic surgeons carry out hymenoplasty. The patient may resume work 3-4 days after the procedure or as directed by the doctor. This low-complication surgery has positive outcomes and allows muscle tightening of the vagina and a woman to bleed post-sexual activities.
2 What is the Purpose of Doing Hymenoplasty?
Hymenoplasty is considered to be a cosmetic procedure that is used to meet the specific conditions of the patients. Some of the most common causes or purposes of hymenoplasty surgery are :
- Medical reasons: Hymenoplasty is often sought to treat vaginal damage caused during accidental falls, heavy weightlifting and other scenarios wherein the hymen’s structural stability has been compromised.
- Purpose and motivation: Each patient will have a different reason for having hymenoplasty surgery. Some people decide to undergo this operation due to cultural or religious beliefs. For them, an unbroken hymen signifies virginity.
- Emotional and psychological well-being: Hymenoplasty may help some people deal with hymen-related anxiety or guilt. They intend to undergo the operation to lessen their emotional suffering or to feel more secure and at ease in close relationships.
3 Benefits of Hymenoplasty
Even though the treatment is primarily for cultural, religious, or personal reasons, it is crucial to consider any potential advantages in specific situations. Here are a few possible benefits of hymenoplasty:
- Pain-free sex – A torn or stretched hymen can be one of the potent factors behind pain during or after sexual intercourse. Hymenoplasty surgery repairs and reconstructs the hymen. This eliminates the chances of pain. However, if the problem persists after surgery, one must consult their healthcare providers.
- Unblocking of the vaginal opening – Sometimes, the hymen is either thick or blocks the vaginal opening. This not only makes sexual activities difficult but also stops a person from using tampons. With the help of hymenoplasty surgery, this problem can be resolved, and the vaginal opening can be modified.
- A safe procedure – What further makes hymenoplasty surgery a good choice is that it is safe and uncomplicated.
4Hymenoplasty Risks and Complications
Hymenoplasty is a risk-free treatment, and its adverse effects are very rare. However, certain people may experience the following risks and complications:
- Pain: After a hymenoplasty, pain and discomfort are frequently experienced. The discomfort can be managed using painkillers and appropriate postoperative care.
- Swelling: Swelling is a typical adverse effect of hymenoplasty. It occurs at the surgery site. Within a few days or weeks, it usually goes away.
- Scarring or Bruising: Some people may have scarring or bruising at the incision site. This is a typical sign of the healing process; it usually goes away with time.
- Skin Discolouration: Around the surgical area, there may, in rare instances, be transient skin discolouration. Usually, this works out on its own.
- Bleeding: The uncommon but potential haemorrhage complication is excessive bleeding from blood vessel rupture. If substantial bleeding happens, immediate medical help should be sought.
- Haematoma: Blood accumulated between tissues is referred to as a haematoma. Inflammation and pain may develop locally. To treat the haematoma, drainage or surgical action may be necessary.
- Pain During Sexual Interaction: After a hymenoplasty, some people may experience pain or discomfort. This can be a passing phase and last a while. This problem may be resolved with the assistance of a medical expert.
- Genital Tract Infections: Any surgical operation has the potential to result in an infection. Infection risk can be reduced by practising good hygiene, caring for oneself after surgery, and adhering to the surgeon’s instructions.
5Hymenoplasty Surgery Cost
Cost can be a factor that can affect the choice of surgery. Don’t worry. It is a pocket-friendly procedure.
The treatment duration of the hymenoplasty surgery lasts about 15-30 minutes but may take 3-4 days to recover. The approximate hymenoplasty surgery cost varies between INR 20,000 to INR 40,000.
However, one needs to know that there can be changes in these costs based on the choice of hospital, its location, the expertise of the healthcare providers, and other factors.
For a successful hymenoplasty surgery, you must follow the procedure with reasonable expectations and be open and honest with your healthcare provider. For making a well-informed choice, it is crucial to comprehend the treatment’s potential risks, restrictions, and psychological effects.
At HexaHealth, we aim to keep you informed and provide valuable information and specialists with vast experience. As a team of experts, we acknowledge and understand that health problems, be they big or small, are sure to leave an adverse impact on a person’s life. Our team of experts are here to help you every step of the way and make your medical journey smooth.