You applied for the government tenders or JKtenders and it was turned down? It might feel like a shock considering you must have taken every step to ensure you have filed the application correction. However, instead of accepting the result, you should examine why your tender application was rejected. Bidders should take note of the mistakes that led to tender failure and work on them to draft an effective proposal the next time. One can take the help of BidAssist, a tender portal that helps people understand how to navigate the rules and regulations of tender. It also helps you apply for the JKtenders and help you track the status of tender.
Each month, a plethora of tenders are released by government departments, PSUs, and ministries, drawing in numerous qualified bidders. With fierce competition and thousands of applications, only one bidder can secure the tender. Hence, the factors that determine a successful or unsuccessful tender are manifold. In this article, we will examine the various reasons behind tender rejections.
- Submitted Inadequate documents: Proper tender paperwork on eproc rajasthan holds tremendous significance as it is pivotal in avoiding tender rejections. Inadequate documentation remains the primary reason behind tender rejections. Thus, it becomes imperative to meticulously prepare tender applications and bid proposals in the correct format. Prompt submission of these documents, along with the necessary tender fees and earnest money deposit (if applicable), is essential. Disregarding the rules and regulations associated with tender documents will inevitably lead to rejection of the tender.
In general, the following tender documents are required for bid proposals:
- Documents required include scanned copies of the company’s PAN card, Aadhaar card, proof of business address, financial statements, GST returns for the specified time, bank account information, MSME Udyam certificate (if applicable), and more.
- BOQ Excel (Bill of Quantity) duly completed, scanned copies of JKtenders fees/EMD payment receipt
- Please provide a list of completed projects within a specific timeframe that showcases your competence and experience. Additionally, please provide references, certificates (such as ISO certification for tendering or FSSAI and technical certificates for product quality, safety, and health compliance), team size, and skill set.
- Pricing that is not competitive: Contrary to popular belief, the main reason for a bidding failure in government procurement contracts is often misunderstood. Many bidders assume that these contracts are awarded to the lowest bidders (l1, l2, l3); however, this is a misconception. Generally, the contract is granted to the most qualified bidder who offers the best value for money. The tender review process follows a structured approach, prioritizing bids based on technical factors before considering the financial aspects. Consequently, if your bid proposal fails to meet the technical requirements, the financial components become irrelevant. This ensures that bidders adhere to product quality, safety, and health standards while meeting the project’s technical and design criteria. This creates a naturally competitive atmosphere where bidders are unable to compromise on product quality and must adjust their quoted prices accordingly.
- Failure to meet tender eligibility criteria: This may surprise you, yet many tender applications fail to meet the basic eligibility conditions. As previously indicated, all tenders have certain requirements and eligibility criteria. Bidders are expected to study the requirements and apply only if they are eligible. Otherwise, the tender application would be automatically denied.
- Lack of work experience: In the end, the people who choose or reject your tender application are humans. What important is that your JKtenders application instills trust in them regarding your ability to effectively complete the contract. This could be for a variety of reasons, including:
- In the past, you have not demonstrated sufficient work experience.
- Inadequate team size, skills, technological know-how, infrastructure, and competency to complete the project
- Having not worked on similar projects or industry
Participating in this challenge may lead to bid rejection as eProc Rajasthan tends to award contracts to companies that have relevant prior expertise and a proven track record of completing projects on time. They often prefer closed bids, wherein selected providers with an established track record are invited to submit quotations, or even negotiate the tender.
What should you do if you lose a tender bid?
It’s as simple as preparing and trying again.
You must recognize that there are thousands of bidders, many of whom will have more appropriate and qualifying applications than yours. Even if you meet all of the JKtenders eligibility conditions and submit a compliant bid proposal, you may still lose to another bidder.
In such instances, taking input for tender rejection from Eproc rajasthan is advised. Receiving negative tender feedback can allow you to better understand why your tender was denied and prepare for the next time.
To uphold transparency in etendering, the tender authority typically furnishes bidders with feedback regarding the rejection of their tender. The composition and substance of the tender bid rejection letter may differ, contingent upon the tendering authority and the grounds for rejection. However, it elucidates the primary reasons for dismissal, which may include non-compliance with the RFP, inadequate experience, unsuitable tender price offers, or other factors.
If you are bidding for the first time, you are bound to make mistakes. Prompt feedback on tender rejection reasons can assist you in dealing with problems in your tender bid and better preparing for the next time.
So we are saying,
Most of the time, the tendering authority of Eproc rajasthan informs and provides feedback on why tenders are rejected. However, it is important to be aware of the tender laws and regulations, as well as the reasons why your tender application may be denied and you may lose a bid in the end. To avoid tender bid rejection, it is essential that you perform market rate research before quoting a price for tender. Navigating the world of tenders could be difficult for those who are new to the world of rendering. Third-party portals like BidAssist could help you draft a proposal and guide you on how to use a procurement portal like eproc Rajasthan or any other state government, and help you track the status of your submitted bids. You may be able to draft an effective bid proposal for GeM and CPP online tenders if you have the necessary resources and structure in place.